Friday, November 5, 2010

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius Review

The most mind-numbingly tedious piece of garbage I've ever read. The only reason I read the whole thing is that I kept thinking there has to be more ...more The most mind-numbingly tedious piece of garbage I've ever read. The only reason I read the whole thing is that I kept thinking there has to be more to it than this. I was wrong.

He is good writer, in a sense. His cutesy, gimmicky, and self-conscious (*wink wink*) sentences can briefly convince/hoodwink you that there is an concept, idea, or at least a thought worth paying attention to behind the naive worldview that they superficially express. Alas, there is not, and it boggles my mind how someone so devoid of genuine self-awareness can sell books marketed to ostensibly intelligent readers.

That being said, McSweeney's is cool, as are his Superhero supply store and the non-profit he runs for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment